As you enter the latest family hot spot on the Gold Coast, the Ruby Collection, the motto “We Don’t Do Ordinary” certainly sets the trend of what is to come.
We were kindly gifted a 4 night stay at the Ruby Collection, which has 243 luxury apartments and I decided to stay with my three children aged 10, 8 and 4 while my husband was away interstate for work. Heading away for a few days as a solo parent would usually leave me feeling a little overwhelmed but the amazing staff or “Ruby Ambassadors” as they are affectionately known and room service options made life so easy. The Ruby Collection certainly got a big tick of approval from me.
I’m a Brisbanite and know that the Gold Coast can sometimes get a bad rap with it’s annual schoolies event and influx of overseas tourist. But with beaches, theme and water parks and so many kids activities it has so much to offer families if you can just find the right place to stay. I think there’s 5 solid reasons why the Gold Coast needs the Ruby Apartments right now.
1. It gives the best of both worlds in views. Whether you are a beach babe, a laid back river type or a hinterland lover, this location has it all. The kids loved watching the boats, jet skis, buses and cars below (free entertainment day and night)! And I loved listening to the waves crash onto the beach and the stunning sunsets over the mountains at night. You are well away of all the hustle and bustle of Surfers Paradise, there was no noise or busy traffic but just a short walk with pedestrian crossings if you want some more action.
2. It’s what families want and expect. We live in an Instagram fantasy world and mum’s these days want to stay where they double tap. They want spacious apartments with on trend styling (they’ve gone for a gorgeous teal and earthy tones look) plus the amenities of home and the Ruby Collection delivered. The beds were comfortable, the sheets were divine, they were generous with the towels and the toiletries are lush. As a family of 5 the kitchen was perfect. There was a large fridge with separate freezer, gas cooking, dishwasher, Bosch washing machine and dryer, beautifully styled crockery and cutlery and a gorgeous lounge and power point came with USB charging points.
This meant we could have mornings out and about enjoying everything the Gold Coast has to offer (the theme parks are highly recommended) and then you could come back and relax, listen to music, read and the family could retreat into their own private spaces. You could cook for your family and order room service for dessert. We did this twice!! Hot chocolates with marshmallows and choc chip cookies. That’s family holiday memory making right there.
Then there’s a stunning swimming pool, water fountain play area (perfect for toddlers), room service, a ‘pantry’ with supplies on hand (we bought jatz biscuits, hummus and ice creams), a cafe with great coffee, breakfast included daily, great coffee, gelato, yummy pizza that serve 2 easily, kids meals (yes there were chicken nuggets) and did I mention great coffee? I could even ring ahead from my room to order my coffee and collect en route to the beach with the kids. And the cups were fancy. It’s the little things 🙂
3. Now this one was a game changer! Daily Housekeeping. The Ruby Apartments have a DAILY service where.
– Your beds are made,
– Rubbish removed,
– Towels replaced each day, and
– Dishes are washed up
Yep! You heard me right, every day two magic cleaning fairies will come into your apartment and wave their magic wands. On Sundays you can even elect to have this done later in the day so you can sleep in! Let’s be honest who gets to sleep in with kids on holidays, but grown up getaway people would LOVE this!
4. Access to Paradise Resort Facilities. Most of you will have probably heard about Paradise Resort, it’s been a popular holiday spot for over 30 years! I had no idea it’s as old as me, maybe a few years young… It’s popular with families as it’s a one stop place for entertainment, food and accommodation. Even, the reception area has an indoor playground for goodness sake! Nothing says family holiday like being able to let your kids disappear into an African themed climbing play area while you check in at the front desk. One of the bonus’ with The Ruby Collection is that you get to access the facilities of Paradise Resort as it is right next door, it’s literally on your doorstep. So the kids can have a great time during the day, access the kids club and other activities and at the end of the day you can wander back over to the Ruby and sleep in your luxury apartments. Lets face it, it doesn’t matter how nice the place is, if parents don’t get a moment to themselves, family holidays can be downright exhausting!
5. The Ruby Collection have really gone to the next level with their technology, even the check-in process is all done by circular check-in desk with 6 check in stations where you are guided through a self-check-in process with the help of Ruby Ambassadors. Don’t forget to grab some William Bear cookies for the kids (he also makes appearances throughout the week!). There’s complimentary wifi, stunning tech art through the reception and your own personal concierge in your room, via a specialised Ruby ipad. Via this device you can order room service, see the activities that are on the next day, see all the menus of the restaurants and cafes and even request a call back so you aren’t waiting for someone to pick up the phone from reception. If I was an international guest staying the The Ruby Apartments I would be impressed.
It’s clear a great deal of thought and personalisation has gone into the design and build of the Ruby Apartments. When I lived in Dubai back in 2007 (we literally watched it being built from the ground up!), it was clear the hotel developers had travelled the world and picked their favourite parts and inclusions. It feels like that in the Ruby Apartments. It feels fresh, stylish and innovative but still warm, friendly and welcoming because of the fabulous and attentive staff. The Gold Coast may have plenty of accommodation options but nothing quite like this for families. If you love to travel with your family but also want style, sophistication and “not the ordinary” the Ruby Apartments are for you, it’s just what the Gold Coast needed.
For those planning their family or couples travel this year visit www.rubycollection.com.au
Disclaimer: Our stay at the Ruby Collection was sponsored but opinions are are own unbiased thoughts.
Elise is a mum to three, Occupational Therapist, coffee lover and adventure seeker.