Weekly Multi Sport Cl Read more [...]
Little Athletics is a unique Australian sport for children 5-16 years.
The program offers young people activities and skills that will stand them in good stead for their sporting future.
It is based upon the sport of athletics (track & field) and the events are specially modified to suit the ages and abilities of children.
The track & field based competition is conducted throughout both the summer and winter sports season. Events are conducted on a weekly basis by one of our 105 individual Centres, and include:
- Sprints – 70m, 100m, 200m
- Distance – 400m, 800m, 1500m
- Hurdles – 60mH, 80mH, 90mH, 100mH, 110mH
- Walks – 700m, 1100m, 1500m
- Relays – 4x70m, 4x100m, 4x200m, 4xMedley
- Jumps – Long Jump, Triple Jump, High Jump
- Throws – Shot Put, Discus, Javelin
Please check website for more details of the events.
Centres may offer the Tiny Tots Program for children between the ages of 3 and 4. Tiny Tots will participate in games and activities designed to develop gross motor skills. They will not engage in competition. This program is optional and no Centre is compelled to offer the program.