The Planetarium is lo Read more [...]
The Sir Thomas Brisbane Planetarium is home to the Cosmic Skydome – an 12.5-metre-diameter projection dome.
Brisbane City Council’s Sir Thomas Brisbane Planetarium opened in 1978. It is located in the Brisbane Botanic Gardens Mt Coot-tha.
Visit and enjoy the Planetarium and their shows (including a tour of Brisbane’s night sky), or visit the Display Zone.
The Planetarium also includes an observatory, Galaxy Gift Shop and Sundial Courtyard.
For the enjoyment of audiences, these programs are not recommended for children under six.
- Bella Gaia (recommended for eight years and older)
- Capturing the Cosmos
- Cosmic Collisions
- Dark Universe
- Dawn of the Space Age
- Moons: Worlds of Mystery. Watch the Moons: Worlds of Mystery trailer on YouTube
- Passport to the Universe
- Saturday Night ‘Live’
- Tales of a Time Traveler Watch the Tales of a Time Traveler trailer on YouTube
- We Are Aliens!
Shows for children
- Perfect Little Planet. Watch the Perfect Little Planet trailer on YouTube
- Secret of the Cardboard Rocket
- The Little Star That Could
- Tycho to the Moon.