Hosting a pool party can be an inexpensive and fun way to celebrate your childs birthday.
Australia has more pools than any other nation; taking pride in many backyards and with every town across Australia having at least one for the community share. It’s part of our Australian identity!
Swimming is a life skill for Australian kids, with the importance of basic swimming lessons for kids now being a part of the Australian School Curriculum. Aussie kids and families are more swim savvy than ever before and kids are able to enjoy swimming at carnivals, end of year breakups and of course the good ol’ pool party!
Having a kids pool party is the ‘ultimate’ in Aussie playgrounds for kids. The whole entertainment factor, the active fun with your friends and the no-fuss, laid back approach to a pool party makes it even more appealing for parents and families. Kids are no longer required to wear goggles to avoid stinging eyes or have fear of breaking out in welts or skin irritations; now thanks to Mineral Swim. In fact, Mineral Swim is so therapeutic and gentle on the skin, having to shower the kids post-swim is no longer required! A win for everyone, especially when hosting a kids birthday party. The kids can simply get themselves changed straight away from being in the pool. Mums and Dads can have peace of mind because Mineral Swim suits everyone, so no kids are excluded from all the pool party fun!
Our 10 BEST tips to have the COOLEST (and safest) POOL PARTY EVER:
- Life Guard: Have a ‘lifeguard’ or two on duty – you can hire one for your party or have a couple of parents to assist on a rotating roster! Take into consideration how many children will be coming to the party. A large group might be best to split into two groups when in the pool. If there are various ages, the younger or developing swimmers might go together and then allow the bigger more confident swimmers to go in together at another time.
- Sun Protection: Get the kids to put on sunscreen on with their parents at home prior to arriving – and have a ‘Sunscreen Station’ ready for reapplying throughout the party! Having a set time to re-apply is wise to ensure no one gets burnt.
- What to bring: Ask parents to pack a towel, swimwear, swim nappies and floation device if required. If you have a Mineral Swim pool you can assure them that they don’t need goggles due to the magic of the dead sea minerals. In fact, Mineral Swim is so therapeutic and gentle on the skin, having to shower the kids post-swim is no longer required! A win for everyone, especially when hosting a kids birthday party. The kids can simply get themselves changed straight away from being in the pool. Mums and Dads can have peace of mind because Mineral Swim suits everyone, so no children are excluded from all the pool party fun.
- Pool Rules: It’s wise to have pool rules set and even on a sign so they can see them and be reminded. Some rules could include no running around the pool, no diving and not holding breath games.
5. Party Bags: In exchange for lolly bags – try something different like a pool noodle, towel and pair of thongs!
6. Pool Games: Have plenty of pool games for the kids to enjoy – Marco Polo, Bomb competitions (who makes the biggest splash), Pool Noodle Relays, Musical Statues are all great games to play at a pool party. Pool noodies and other fun floating toys such as blow-up unicorns are very popular at the moment. They can make supervision difficult and children can get stuck underneath them. Use with caution and if it’s getting too difficult to manage remove some or all of them.
7. Party Food: You can minimise the junk food and keep to the theme of an active and healthy party. Summer fruits like watermelon and pineapple are great food options while sushi and veggie sticks are always a winner with the kids too. Or you can’t go wrong with an Aussie BBQ – it symbolises summer, outdoors and pool parties! Allowing a little break before the kids head back in the pool with a belly full of food – is a great time for a compulsory toilet break and sunscreen reapply!
8. Party Themes: There is a huge range of party themes you could create for at pool party at home. Suggestions include The Little Mermaid, Finding Nemo, Baby Shark and Beauty Day Spa. Check our our Pinterest page for more suggestions.
9. Get the Pool Ready: Cloudy pool water can be caused by a number of things, including improper chlorine and pH balance–issues that can usually be remedied by adding the right mix of chemicals to the water. But cloudy water can also be extremely dangerous as the cloudy haze of the water makes it all but impossible to see if a child is slowly sinking to the to bottom of the pool. So, make sure to keep that pool clean and clear before those party invitations go out. Mineral Swim pools take little effort to keep clean and because of the high dead sea minerals, they rely on very little chlorine, making them much better for your skin and overall health.
10. Music: Have a cool playlist of music on hand – it can be great to tie music into a pool party theme or to create a fun pool party atmosphere.
Having a kids pool party is the ‘ultimate’ in Aussie playgrounds for kids. The whole entertainment factor, the active fun with your friends and the no-fuss, laid back approach to a pool party makes it even more appealing for parents and families. A post-party guarantee is that the kids will be benefiting from all the Mineral Swim goodness, feeling calm, relaxed and ready for a good nights’ sleep!
You can read about the Mineral pool home pool experience here.
For more information in how you can install or convert your exiting pool to a Mineral Swim System, visit www.mineralswim.com/how-it-works/ or call 1300 693 657.